Why This Job is Important
The Director or Technology guides our company and our clients to the right digital solutions to power innovation. We take pride in the quality, excellence, and creativity that is at the core of the technology solutions we deliver. Our technology leader will help us assess, prioritize, and apply solutions from the ever growing landscape of technologies including everything from web and application development to artificial intelligence and the internet of things. The right leader will have deep experience in digital technologies, team management and leadership, and collaboration with clients to architect solutions that solve critical business problems.
What You Will be Doing
- GoKart’s Tech Strategy - Make sure we’re leading our clients towards the right tech. Prioritize which technologies and development platforms GoKart will use to drive innovation for ourselves and our clients
- Team Leadership and Development - Lead a team of Developers and Business Analysts, ensuring we’ve got the right mix of skills and talent. Support the growth of their skills and capabilities. Work collaboratively with Solution Leads and Client Leads to match the best people with the right engagements based on their skills, personality, and career development needs. Facilitate regular feedback from team members, peers, and leaders at GoKart to promote opportunities for career growth and personal improvement.
- Strategic Relationships - Identify and build relationships with the right vendors, partners, and tech providers to augment GoKart’s development team and serve specialty needs for clients.
- Client Strategy Development - Work with our Solution Leads to develop technology strategies for our clients and internal projects.
- Thought Leadership - Regularly communicate our point-of-view (internally and externally) on which technologies business leaders should be paying attention to and how they will impact their businesses.
- Development Approach - Ensure our teams are using the right development methodologies, tools, and processes. Ensure teams are delivering high quality work, both on the user facing side and in the underlying code/architecture. We should never be embarrassed by our work, user facing or behind the scenes.
- Tech Security - Lead the development of strategies, tools, and methods to ensure all our work is secure, private and in keeping with best practices. Work with specific clients on their security needs for HIPAA compliance.
What You’re Good At
- Identifying promising new technology - There’s a lot of hype and hope. You are able to cut through the hype and focus on the best, most relevant tools and technologies.
- Team Development - You identify, recruit and develop a great talent and ensure they are set up for success. Your teams trust you and often describe you as approachable, supportive and sincere. The follow you because they believe in you not because of your title.
- Making - You still like to get into the code and make sure it’s smart and beautiful. You have a current point of view on technologies and tools, not just a high level understanding of them.
- Leading and Influencing - The nature of our work requires us to help business and tech leaders make some hard decisions. You are able to guide and influence our team, our clients and other partners with data, experience, vision and strategy.
- Collaborating - We’re a highly collaborative workplace and often our solutions come from deep interaction with our clients. You are able to contribute and sometimes lead our collaborative sessions.
What You Have Done
- You have led a team that delivered innovative solutions within an enterprise or you have consulted with enterprise organizations to drive innovation; ideally you have done both.
- You have built a stable, high performing team
- You have helped launch new digital products
- You have succeeded in both the enterprise and startup environments
- You have translated emerging technology into stable products
- You have influenced senior leaders to make significant investments in innovation and technology
- You have led your organization through transitions (e.g. new development approaches, org change, acquisition/sale, or challenging growth)
- You can show us some of your work that lives in the world. It could be something you made yourself, something you worked on with a team, or something your team built and launched.