Why This Job is Important
You will help increase the bandwidth and productivity of key leaders at GoKart Labs by providing organizational support, enabling information flow and filtering distractions. In addition, you will be the first person that our clients, candidates and visitors make contact with. Your role is to create a welcoming atmosphere for our guests while keeping our team organized.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will be providing administrative support for two senior leaders on our Sales & Marketing and Client team. Support will include:
- Scheduling client and internal meetings.
- Daily calendar management, which includes triaging emerging and changing priorities so we can proactively adjust to avoid conflicts and wasted time.
- Manage and organize logistics for internal and external functions – client meetings, staff meetings, event planning – including scheduling, catering and set-up.
- Make travel arrangements including flights, hotels and transportation.
- Prepare and manage expense reports.
- Assist in managing company-wide meetings such as monthly all team meetings and weekly stand ups.
- Assist with data management (reporting, data entry/clean up, digitizing files).
You will also share receptionist responsibilities with an Administrative Assistant.
- You will be responsible for greeting staff, clients and visitors.
- You help close the office each day.
- Maintain office area to ensure it is clean and presentable as well as ensure kitchen is maintained which includes ordering and putting out daily healthy snacks, running/unloading dishwasher.
- Interface with building management and proactively manage communication to staff about building notifications, weather/safety/emergency notifications and repairs.
This position will report to the VP, Sales & Marketing. Working Hours will be 9am - 5:30pm, Monday - Friday.
What You Will Learn
You will see, first hand, how businesses are using digital innovation to disrupt their industries. You will also have the opportunity to learn about three distinct businesses including digital innovation, content marketing and music/media production. You will develop a solid understanding of the business operations, the people, and our clients.
What You Are Good At
- You enjoy working with a variety of people at all levels of the organization and are able to represent the company in a professional and respectful manner.
- You can handle anything thrown at you. You are resourceful, energetic and willing to roll up your sleeves and dig in.
- You don’t wait to be told what to do. You proactively anticipate needs and act accordingly.
- You can thrive in a fast-paced, digitally-focused environment.
- You are able to set priorities but can shift them with changing environments.
- You are highly organized, efficient and detail oriented.
- You are able to communicate priorities and guidelines in a confident and courteous manner.
- You take your job seriously but you don’t take yourself too seriously. You are easy to work with.
What You Have Done:
- You have 1-3 yrs experience in an administrative, coordinator or receptionist role
- You have experience in calendaring, eMail, and can learn new systems/technologies quickly.
- BA/BS is preferred.